Saturday, April 23, 2011

It's Official

So I've had this so called blog for a while now (maybe 2 years), but have never posted anything. I've decided that maybe online journaling is easier to keep up with than a pen and paper since I can type faster than I can write. And while Hannah chases Sadie around the couch, I'll just take a minute to write...

Hannah's 10 months. I can't even remember life without her any more. Tomorrow is Easter and it's milestones like this that I keep looking back to a year ago. What was life like just a year ago? Although I can't quite remember Easter of last year, I do remember getting bigger and bigger and loving it. I loved feeling her move and the joy of anticipating her arrival. I wasn't quite to the point where I was sick of being pregnant, but I was getting a bit more anxious - especially as the school year was getting closer to being over. I've had over 3 weeks off from school (thanks to great timing of the family Hawaii trip) and as I head back in 2 days, I can't believe there are only 7 1/2 weeks left. I have extremely mixed emotions about going back for another year. I love teaching - and hopefully Monday will remind me of this. And I love that Bret gets to spend so much one on one time with Hannah. Also, I can't lie. The added income is a big bonus (although it's not that big of an income these days - I am still a teacher). But being off for three weeks has been wonderful. My entire focus has gotten to be Hannah. Nothing could replace the joy I feel from being her mom.

So, as my 7th year of teaching draws closer to the end, I am excited (I think) to go back again for one more year. That's kind of the deal between Bret and me right now. We just take it one year at a time. One last thought: How lucky I am to be married to such a supportive husband. He is an incredible father and he sure puts up with a lot, and I am just so grateful to have found such a catch.

No comments:

Post a Comment